Assistant Brewer – FULL TIME
Brixton Brewery is one of London’s established craft breweries, making beer in one of London’s most colourful neighbourhoods. We started in 2013 and we’ve been growing steadily ever since. We’re now building on our start-up success, having recently commenced brewing on our new 30BBL brewery, and we’ve got big ambitions to go with it.
We’re looking for the right people to help us make things happen. We’re offering some truly exciting opportunities to become part of our team, and to start a great career in a professional, established and innovative brewery, with huge potential.
Are you passionate about a pint, do you have a flair for fermentation? More importantly: do you want to join a fast growing brewery at an exciting time in their growth? If so, you could be just what we need. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Brewer with an eye for detail, a relentless commitment to making fantastic beers, and the desire to take their career to the next level.
The Assistant Brewer will work as part of our production team to help produce, package and ensure the quality and consistency of our range of beers. They will receive relevant training and support to advance their skills and knowledge.
Essential skills & qualifications:
- 1-2 Years previous brewing experience
- Reliable, flexible and hard working
- A passion for making quality beer; a keen knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Physical fitness and the ability to work hard in a physically demanding role
- A strong team player who can also represent the brewery well
- The right to work in the UK
Great to have:
- Forklift license
- A brewing qualification or course
- Previous experience working with semi-automated packaging lines
- Helping with all aspects of the brewing process
- Ensuring all production areas and equipment are clean and well maintained
- All packaging (cask, keg, can and bottle)
- Weekend checks on a rota (including beer checks and necessary processing)
- Occasionally helping at trade events, tours and in the weekend Tap Room
- Other tasks as required to ensure smooth running of the brewery
What we offer:
- A fun and interesting working environment, with a great team producing fantastic beer
- A good location near public transport, in between Brixton, Loughborough Junction and Herne Hill
- The opportunity to grow with the company. This is permanent full-time role with great potential
- Opportunities to learn other aspects of the brewing and drinks business
- A competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd July.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
WE ARE A LONDON LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER