OPERATIONS MANAGER – Full Time Permanent Role
Start date: immediate preferred, but flexible depending on circumstances
Brixton Brewery is a deep rooted and established London brewery making beer in one of the city’s most colourful neighbourhoods. Our story began in 2013 and we’ve been growing steadily ever since. We recently benefited from a large investment partnership to build a new 30BBL brewery in Brixton, and we’ve got big ambitions to go with it.
We’re looking for energetic and highly driven people to help us share our beer with the rest of London and the UK. We’re offering some truly exciting opportunities to become part of our team, and to pursue a great career in a professional, established and innovative brewery, with huge potential.
Reporting to the Founders, we’re looking for a self-starting and highly organised Operations Manager to oversee our warehouse & logistics, office & premises management. The role involves working collaboratively with our brewing, packaging, sales & marketing teams to ensure the smooth running of our brewery operations.
Key Duties – What will a day at work be like?
A day as Ops Manager is varied and fast-paced. You’ll never get bored and there’s lots of opportunity to get involved in all the different aspects of the business.
- Management of the warehouse, logistics and office teams.
- Coordinating beer movements within the brewery and warehouse ensuring proper stock rotation.
- Ensuring that all customer orders are fulfilled with the highest quality customer service.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order across our two brewing sites and warehouse at all times.
- Oversight of all incoming deliveries (raw materials, packaging, etc).
- Enforcing occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Focussing on controlling costs through identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies within the company.
- Being responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory obligations (such as health & safety, fire safety, first aid, etc.).
- Constantly seeking opportunities to improve processes and procedures as you grow with the company.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- A flexible can-do attitude with willingness to tackle any challenge.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent IT skills, ideally advanced in MS Excel.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
Great To Have
- Experience of training and managing others.
- Experience of working in a brewery.
- Forklift license.
- An interest in craft beer and beer production.
- Experience managing production schedules and/or brewery management software.
What we offer:
- A competitive package is available to the right candidate
- A fun and interesting working environment, with a great team
- A good location near public transport, in between Brixton, Loughborough Junction and Herne Hill
- The opportunity to grow with the company. This is permanent full-time role with great potential
- Opportunities to learn other aspects of the brewing and drinks business.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 Feb 2019.
We will contact and interview suitable candidates as we receive applications.
Competitive Salary depending on experience.
WE ARE A LONDON LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER