Production Brewer – FULL TIME
Are you passionate about a pint, do you have a flair for fermentation? More importantly: do you want to join a fast growing brewery at an exciting time in their growth? If so, you could be just what we need. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Brewer with an eye for detail, a relentless commitment to making fantastic beers, and the desire to take their career to the next level.
The Production Brewer will work as part of our production team to help produce, package and ensure the quality and consistency of our range of beers. They will receive relevant training and support to advance their skills and knowledge.
Skills & Qualification Required
- A passion for making great quality beer!
- 1-2 years of experience working in a commercial brewery is essential.
- Brewing certificates or relevant educational qualifications in brewing or a related field.
- Understanding of brewing, packing and CIP processes.
- Strong attention to detail and process.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy loads (this job involves heavy lifting).
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction and guidance from senior brewers.
- Forklift truck driving experience.
- Legal right to work in the UK
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our growing brewery. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Brewing our fantastic beers at our two production sites.
- Monitoring brewing and fermentation and keeping accurate records of the process.
- Rotational packaging shifts into keg, can & bottle.
- Cleaning and sterilising vessels, packaging equipment and production areas.
- Perform general maintenance as required.
- Receiving and handling raw materials.
- Assisting with stock control and procurement.
- Weekend checks on a rota (including beer checks and necessary processing).
- Occasionally representing the brewery at trade events, tours and in the weekend Tap Room.
What we offer:
- A fun and fast-pace working environment with a great team
- A central London location with good transport links.
- The opportunity to grow with the company. This is permanent full-time role with great potential.
- Opportunities to learn other aspects of the brewing and drinks business.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th April 2019. The position is available for an immediate start and suitable applicants may be interviewed before the deadline. We reserve the right to close the application process early.
WE ARE A LONDON LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER
Job Opportunity – Tap Room Manager, Brixton Brewery Arch Tap Room
Brixton Brewery started in a railway arch in the heart of Brixton in 2013. Since then, we’ve grown, sent our beers ever further from our south London home, and set up a bigger second brewery, but we haven’t lost our love of Brixton and of brewing the kind of beers we love in the area we love.
Since we started, we’ve run a small weekend Tap Room. It’s always been a casual and friendly place, but, with limited space, we haven’t been able to give our customers the full experience we’d like them to have…until now! We’re re-developing our storage arch, next to the brewery, into a dedicated Tap Room. We’ll keep the casual, welcoming Brixton vibe, but we’ll lose the need to wheel a bottling machine out of the way to make space for tables and people!
This is a really exciting opportunity to get in from the very beginning and help us shape the space, the services and what we offer. The Tap Room Manager will be responsible for all aspects of running the Tap Room, and will help us maintain our visible presence in Brixton with events, music, and a great experience for all of our customers. The role requires a confident leader, who is experienced at managing a team and a busy bar or pub, and is committed to being a great local ambassador for Brixton Brewery. Help us in our mission to put Brixton on the map for great beer!
- Assist us in the run-up to setting up and launching the Tap Room, including hiring and training staff, managing set up and planning a launch
- Thereafter be responsible for managing the Tap Room
- Cellar management, including responsibility for beer lines, stock rotation, hygiene and overseeing the range of beers and drinks we offer
- Plan and run an ambitious and creative programme of events, including beer & wine tastings, beer launches, seasonal events/parties, and potentially other events to help us make the most of the space (e.g. craft & beer nights, family events during school holidays, etc.)
- Develop and manage strong links, partnerships and good relations with the local community
- Staff management including employment, training, scheduling and supervising
- Delegating tasks to colleagues as appropriate/necessary
- Managing and reporting on sales, managing POS
- Managing costs and achieving targets
- Stock ordering, handling, rotation and management
- Overseeing all day-to-day bar operations, including: open and close, on-going staff support and customer service and overall management of the bar to a very high standard
- Monitoring health and safety (of staff and public), keeping full records of risk assessments, accident reports, H&S training, accidents, incidents and customer refusals.
- At least two years’ experience in a management role in the drinks industry
- Personal license
- Outstanding knowledge and enthusiasm for craft beer
- Experience training others and leading and managing a team
- Dedication to excellent customer service and hospitality
- Strong technical cellar and stock management skills, including knowledge of different types of kegs, cleaning lines, changing regulators and regulating gas pressures
- Outstanding communication skills – ability to confidently talk to a diverse range of customers, suppliers and other people to manage responsibilities and solve any problems
- Ability to work well on multiple projects and to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to work independently, bring together a team, and work as part of the larger brewery team, reporting to the directors of Brixton Brewery
- Good computer skills – especially Excel, Outlook and other common office programmes
- The right to work in the UK
Great to have:
- Good knowledge of Brixton Brewery and our beers
- Event management experience
- Valid Driving Licence
- Workplace first aid training
- Experience setting up a new bar/pub
- Good contacts with suppliers
What we offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience, plus a discretionary bonus
- A team of dedicated, passionate and supportive people
- The chance to help us create something amazing!
- A great job in the heart of London’s best neighbourhood!
If you read this with mounting interest and enthusiasm, you might be just the person for us! So please send us your CV and a brief covering letter telling us a bit about you:
Closing date for applications: 11th May 2019
Brixton Brewery is a proud London Living Wage Employer